Visiting Honolulu - What to See and Do
(Honolulu, Hawaii - HI, USA)
Situated on the Hawaiian island of Oahu and the capital of the island state, Honolulu is Hawaii's economic center and the biggest city in the archipelago.
The entire Hawaiian island chain is a paradise and Honolulu combines idyllic beauty with vibrant nightlife, excellent shopping and fine cuisine, while still retaining much of its traditional native culture.
Ten things you must do in Honolulu
- Enjoy some of the best seafood in the world at one of the many five-star restaurants spread throughout the city.
- Find the perfect gift for someone or spoil yourself at the excellent shopping centers in Honolulu.
- Get into the fun during one of the Hawaiian events and festivals that happen throughout the year.
- Hike through Diamond Head State Park for stunning views from the top of the extinct volcano.
- Snorkel the unbelievable waters of Hanauma Bay and see a technicolour variety of marine life, some of which is endangered.
- Swim, surf or sunbathe on the picture perfect sands of Waikiki, the city's premiere beach.
- Visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial, the final resting place of the USS Arizona.
- Play a round at one of Honolulu's several world-renowned golf courses, offering excellent facilities and lovely views.
- Tour the fully restored 19th-century Iolani Palace, built by King Kalakaua, and see the Royal Hawaiian Band perform at the Kalakaua Coronation Bandstand on Fridays.
- Wander through historic Chinatown, filled with open-air markets, Chinese medicine shops, twisting alleyways and hidden courtyards.